Monday, March 18, 2013

Family Quote #3 2013


Creating Christ Centered Easter Traditions

When Justin and I first started our family, I thought I knew exactly how we would celebrate all of the Holidays; Christmas, New Years, Easter, Fourth of July, but now I realize more than ever that with our two backgrounds we can create a whole new set of traditions.  Some will be the similar and some will be different altogether. With Easter coming in the next couple of weeks, I really wanted to find a way to center our celebrations on Christ and what better place to look than the Ensign and Friend.  They are both filled with awesome ideas.  Of course, I always start thinking about these things a little late but I (I mean we, I’m sure Justin will be more than happy to follow along with my “inspiration”, right-babe?), figured better late than never.  One example that I’m starting tonight is to incorporate Easter into our family home evenings, explain things like what the egg represents and then we can dye them colors. 

What are your favorite Easter Traditions that help you and your families think of Christ?

I have a testimony those Christ lives and he atoned for my sins and my pain.  I’m so grateful for the freeing and strengthening knowledge of Christ’s Resurrection. I apply it every hour!!!

1. I need thee ev’ry hour,
Most gracious Lord.
No tender voice like thine
Can peace afford.

2. I need thee ev’ry hour;
Stay thou nearby.
Temptations lose their pow’r
When thou art nigh.

3. I need thee ev’ry hour,
In joy or pain.
Come quickly and abide,
Or life is vain.

4. I need thee ev’ry hour,
Most holy One.
Oh, make me thine indeed,
Thou blessed Son!

[Chorus]
I need thee, oh, I need thee;
Ev’ry hour I need thee!
Oh, bless me now, my Savior;
I come to thee!

No comments:

Post a Comment